środa, 21 sierpnia 2013

Wywiad z Alicią w Cosmpolitan UK!

W wrześniowym numerze brytyjskiego wydania magazynu Cosmopolitan zamieszczono
wywiad z Alicią Keys. Przedstawiamy fragmenty wypowiedzi artystki:

“Women handle so much and it’s a lot of pressure. Becoming a mum has put things 
into perspective. I stand up for myself way more now. The minute I knew I was 
pregnant, I wanted to clear the energy around me. I didn’t want people in my life 
who weren’t nice to me.”

“There are so few women in powerful positions. We’re so intelligent and capable, 
it’s frustrating when we don’t get the recognition we deserve. It has to change. 
Nothing can stop us having our own inner fire, but I do think there are tons of 
obstacles for women.”

“When you work hard, you need things to look forward to at the end of a long day. 
A lot of us are natural nurturers. In the workplace you want everything to be perfect, 
then you come home and if you have a relationship you want to cater and make sure 
everyone’s happy. But remember what they say on an aeroplane: ‘Always secure your 
mask before you secure anyone else’s.”

“Your first instinct is usually the right one. It’s sometimes hard to hear that voice 
when you’ve got a lot going on, but you have to follow your own path.”

“There’s a stereotype that women are catty to other women. But truthfully, we want to 
help one another. There’s this one woman I met through [HIV/AIDs relief charity] 
Keep A Child Alive, Mama Carol. She lives in Africa and couldn’t bear seeing all these 
children losing their parents to AIDs, so she began taking them under her wing. 
When I first met her she was caring for 900 children; now it’s even more. 
She’s a huge inspiration to me.”

"When you take a risk by trying out a new place to travel or doing a new class, all of 
a sudden you're alive. And there's something great about that feeling - even if you never 
do it again."




Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz