piątek, 12 kwietnia 2013

Alicia opowiada o nowym stylu na swym albumie - 12.04.2013.

Oto nowy artykuł strony phillyburbs.com napisany na podstawie wywiadu telefonicznego
z Alicią:
Alicia Keys aiming to break more new ground
By ED CONDRAN Correspondent

“Girl On Fire" is an apt title for Alicia Keys’ latest album.
After all, she's white-hot these days.
Her fifth album debuted at the top of the Billboard Album Charts in December and has been
smoldering ever since. But that’s not surprising since each of Keys' albums have scaled
the apex of the charts.
“I’ve just been very fortunate,” Keys says while calling from Los Angeles. “What I’ve written
and recorded has gone over well with people and I’m so thankful.”
The powerful album, which is filled with exuberant and dramatic tracks, brims with optimism.
It helps that the title cut is an anthemic winner.
“Who knew people would love the song ‘Girl on Fire’ like they do and the rest of the album
as well,” the multiple-Grammy winner says. “I think it has something to do with the positivity
that’s there throughout the album.
"The other big thing about this album is that it shows that I’m comfortable being in my own skin.
I’m all about following my own path. I’m evolving and I’m doing what I want to do.”
What the New York native, who will perform Saturday at Revel's Ovation Hall in Atlantic City,
wanted to do with "Girl On Fire" was collaborate. There are more than 20-co-composers
and nearly a dozen co-producers, who worked on the project. Nicki Minaj and Maxwell lent
their vocal skills to the production, as well.
“What I love about working with other people is that I can go to a place that allows different
things to happen and it’s been really cool,” Keys says. “When I work with someone else,
I can create sounds that I might not have been able to make. Going to a new place excites me.
I don’t like to make the same album over and over again. It’s about morphing each time I work on
a project and I definitely feel that I did that with this album. I’m in a different place with
‘Girl On Fire.’ "
While making the album, Keys married producer Swizz Beatz and had a son.
“That has made me better in every way,” Keys says. “I love the impact motherhood has had
on me. As a songwriter, it has taken me to a deeper, more emotional place that I could have
never known before. I have more empathy than I ever had. I experienced the most amazing
thing in my life having a baby. Being a mother and a wife has had the most profound effect
on me.”

Keys has been the go-to gal when it comes to special events. She took part in the 12-12-12
concert, the Hurricane Sandy benefit in New York.
“After how bad the hurricane damaged New Jersey, I had to be part of that,” she says.
“Absolutely devastating. When something happens like that, as a recording artist, if you have
a chance to come in and help, you should.”

Keys performed at President Barack Obama’s inauguration in January. She changed the lyrics
to "This Girl Is On Fire" to "Obama’s On Fire."
“It was an honor to be part of the inauguration,” Keys says. “I had a wonderful time,
but the reality is that this election is so important to America and the world. Putting the twist
on the song was great, but I was just happy to be part of such an event. It doesn’t get much
bigger than that.”

Well, the following month, Keys delivered a rearranged version of "The Star Spangled Banner"
at the Super Bowl, which is routinely the highest-rated television event of the year.
“I worked really hard at that arrangement,” she says. “I wanted to honor the song — but to give it
a style that was mine.”

It’s difficult to imagine how Keys can top what she’s done over the last decade.
“Who knows if I can sell like I once did, but I’m not worried about that,” she says. “I want to
continue to grow. I don’t want to be boxed in. I want to challenge the audience and myself
and hopefully break new ground. That’s what’s most important to me.”

Source: www.phillyburbs.com

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz