sobota, 16 marca 2013

Wywiad z Alicią dla San Francisco Chronicle - 16.03.2013.

Alicia Keys' dreams keep coming true
Aidin Vaziri  Sunday, March 10, 2013
Alicia Keys is having an especially epic year. She has already sang "The Star-Spangled Banner"
at the Super Bowl, headlined the halftime show at the NBA's All-Star Game and performed
with Adam Levine at the Grammys. With a world tour in support of her latest album, "Girl on Fire,"
which debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 chart, the 32-year-old singer-songwriter
and new mom is just getting started. She performs Sunday at Oracle Arena.

Q: In just a week you went from singing at the Super Bowl to the Grammys. 
Do you ever wake up and think, "I wish my life was just a little more boring"?
A: That's hilarious. It's been all these different dreams come true. I don't wish my life was more boring.
The only thing is sometimes I wish it was a bit slower when I'm not seeing my son as much as I want to.
It's been such an incredible moment in time.

Q: Anything good happening this week?
A: I'm in the middle of putting the tour together, and it's pushing me. I feel like people are going
to be moved. It's going to be a fully sensory experience. I can't wait to share it.

Q: At this point, people would be happy to just watch you onstage with a piano. 
Do you really need the lasers and lights?
A: But I love lights. At the core of it, it's very simple. That's the most important thing.
The journey I want to take people on is different. I want it to be an emotional, musical
and visual experience.

Q: You have so many hits at this point, how do you pick what to fit into a 90-minute set?
A: Oh, my gosh. When I was first starting, I had to add all kinds of covers to stretch the show out
from 45 minutes to an hour. Now it's so cool to be able to have such great songs to choose from.
It's fun.

Q: You haven't had a chance to take a breath since you started doing this at 18. 
Are you surprised you haven't had any Britney-style head-shaving moments?
A: Everybody goes through their life in different ways. I definitely am having my journey.
It evolves and changes. At some moments, I feel totally off center and trying to find my way back.
With this record, I've been able to find a lot of what I've not had before: freedom, bravery, fearlessness.
It's empowering to find those things. {sbox}
Source: SFC

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz